Saturday, June 20, 2015

Charleston



I'm sure everyone in the country has heard about the tragedy that occurred in Charleston over the past couple of days. I can't describe my feelings about how this tragedy makes me feel.  Charleston was once my home...I still find my heart yearning for Charleston!! 

I moved to Charleston in 2007! I remember being so excited but so scared at the same time.  I was 22 at the time and I was about to move to a city that I had been dreaming about moving too ever sense I could remember!!! For the first couple of months it was a struggle, but soon life feel into place, friends were made and Charleston became home!! I learned a lot about myself in those 2 years that I lived in there.  I even met my fiance! Charleston was a place for me to grow and gave me the time to really learn who I was.  

With all that being said! My heart breaks for Charleston but then it could not be more proud of the city that I called home for 2 years.  I'm so proud that everyone has been able to come together and support each other! That's what Charleston is all about! People that live in Charleston really love their city!! They take care of it, they support it, and we are a little obsessed with it! 

I will continue to pray for and keep Charleston in my thoughts.  That city will always have a spot in my heart.  I know Charleston will overcome this tragedy and will come back stronger than ever!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment